Tuesday, March 23, 2010

newerish




the google sidebar on my browser has an entry of "how much is a labioplasty."

i think that's an appropriate place to start.
this world is gigantic, and it's definitely not flat. there are some cool places (switzerland, alabama), there are some okay places (new york city) and there are some fucking horrible places (bakersfield, anywhere in nevada, the siberian steppes).
i've got friends in all those types of places. i don't talk to them often enough, i don't see them as much as i would prefer, and on a regular basis i will get the reaction of "holy shit, you're doing what with your life now? weren't you just a ______________ (high schooler/wannabe chola/econ major/blonde)?
this blog is a way to easily convey information to all those people who are in a different time zone than me, who are halfway around the world from me, who are a text message away from me but are too lazy for an actual conversation. it's for the people who get tired of lurking someone interesting or hot and settle for lurking someone sort of interesting and decent looking. it's for the people who want to blackmail me in some way (to this point i will say: go ahead. i'm honest about everything i say and i will rarely not answer a question, no matter how uncomfortable or angry it may make me).
deciding whether to keep it PC and let my parents in on it so they can keep up or not... probably not.

current stats
school: graduating from CSU Sacramento on May 22, 2010 with my B.A. in Psychology
accepted to the Master's Program in Forensic Psychology at the University of Denver
waiting for a reply from the Master's Program in Forensic Psychology at CSU Los Angeles

job: tissue recovery assistant for Sierra Eye and Tissue Donation Services. I work with consented post-mortem (ie dead) donors (male/female, senior/adult/teenager/child/baby). I assist the Recovery Coordinator in preparation
of the body for donation as well as associated duties.

relationship status: in a relationship with jeff romero, 23, graduated
from the University of Utah School of Business in 2008 with a double
major in Marketing and Information Systems. Is currently a substitute teacher and drummer in the band Reviver.

height/weight/hair color/eye color: 5'11, 164lbs, Black, Brown

extras: two dogs, delilah and tycho, both rescues. live in a house with a roomate i hate.

i specialize in the study of psychopaths (called psychopathy) and are particularly interested in the emotional deficits that psychopaths display, notably lack of guilt, empathy or remorse. i have been attempting to integrate the implications of animal cruelty into my research papers and presentations, whether during general psychotherapeutic assessment or specifically pertaining to psychopaths.

i enjoy meals of bbq'd chicken, corn on the cob, biscuits with honey butter and watermelon immensely, which is exactly why i have concluded that i was born to live in the south.
i have been attempting to convince my boyfriend that i am an idiot for several months now, and i don't think he's buying it. lately i have been attempting to prove it and feel that i will soon be successful. it's not that i want him to dislike me, it's just that i want to prove i'm right.

i am severely narcissistic, and i feel comfortable enough to tell you this. i know that i'm fucking awesome but i can definitely hold my own in the self-deprecation olympics. i've fucked up a lot- i was engaged to an asshole who liked to exercise physical violence, i dropped out of UC Davis because i hated it, i got suckered into the Twilight mania, i like Chef Boyardee raviolis... but mostly, yeah, i'm fucking awesome.

i've got a lot of awesome friends. how i've met them and why we've stayed friends are stories unto themselves. a lot of my awesome friends are exes. exes are the most awesome friends in the world because they are severely protective of you and they'll call you out on your bullshit. the shitty exes, well, they're responsible for a lot of other awesome friends i have. it's a huge "fuck you" when i think about the fact that i'm better friends with people they introduced me to than they are. all my other friends are awesome too. i've got friends that ask to borrow my hoodie because theirs is covered in jizz. i've got friends who audibly fart while looking a stranger dead in the eye and then say "who was that?," i've got friends who only talk about masturbation, i've got friends who can only talk french. i've got friends who visit me in the hospital every day i'm in there. i've got friends who sneak into my house at night and leave presents at my door, who drunk text me and say nice shit that makes me cry, who let me tell them horrible jokes and put up with my mountain dew code red addiction.

my boyfriend in the real fuckin deal. we met through mutual friends (thank you alvino/robby/zach/mark/andrew) in denver, post-christmas/pre-new years 2009/10. i came home on january 4, 2010 and i knew he was it. he came to the same conclusion shortly after. he puts up with me, he loves me, my friends love him, it's easy. long distance relationships are totally sweet and i am 100% into it. besides, when i figure out what i'm doing with my life he'll be moving with me so he might as well enjoy his freedom while he can. his hobbies are watching twilight, touring, eating burritos, telling me to shutup, making up words and not sleeping enough. we've already decided that andrew wk and american nightmare will provide most of the soundtrack to our wedding. and boy who agrees to this is a keeper.
if you find someone too good for you, marry them.
i get it now.

ps: this entry is long. sorry. most of you already know this shit. i promise i will get more amusing, use more expletives and talk about sex a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. wait a minute, I lack guilt, empathy and remorse.

    ReplyDelete